This newsletter is intended to contribute to facilitate data-based comparative
research on European societies and polities. It is a product of the EURODATA
Research Archive and has three major objectives:
- to disseminate information on the research activities of the Mannheim
Centre for European Social Research, with particular emphasis on data-generating
cross-national research the archive is involved in;
- to provide information on European data infrastructures and important
- to provide a forum for the exchange of information on ongoing comparative
social research on European societies and on European integration.
The newsletter is intended to be an open forum: contributions from other
research institutes and individual researchers are always welcome. The
EURODATA Newsletter will, as a rule, be divided into eight sections:
- Feature reports substantive findings from on-going cross-national
- Data Infrastructure reports on data institutions such as data
archives, governmental and non-governmental organisations, and covers
historical developments and current modes of access to data.
- Research Institutes presents profiles of research institutions
with a cross-national orientation.
- Research Groups and Projects informs on cooperations
and networks in comparative social research on Europe.
- Computer deals with specific aspects of electronic information
processing and the use of electronic networks in comparative research.
- Country Profile provides background information on individual
- European Social Indicators gives a picture of the social structure
of European societies.
- Noticeboard provides general news including information about
new statistics, recent books and studies, conference reports and announcements.
Published by: Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES)
EURODATA Research Archive
D - 68131 Mannheim
Editors: Franz Kraus, Franz Rothenbacher
Managing editor: Franz Rothenbacher
Phone: +49-621-181 2831
Fax: +49-621-181 2834
Translations and linguistic editing: Marianne Schneider
Printed by: Druck & Kopie Hanel, 68159 Mannheim
EURODATA Newsletter appears twice a year, normally in spring and autumn.
It is distributed free of charge to social science institutions and libraries.
Contributions, comments and general notes are welcome. Parts of the newsletter
may freely be reproduced, but please acknowledge the source and send a
copy to the editor.